Friday, April 12, 2013

Subspace Encountered

I've been holding on to this blog post for a time already because I sO wanted to combine this with a related feature of a store I've been dying to visit. And so I did... all because good things are worth waiting for. Agree? 

Very well, while I try to justify my laziness *haha* feast your eyes with these creatively peculiar work of art and uniquely crafted furnitures found inside a one-of-a-kind coffee shop in a small corner in Ortigas - Subspace.

If this is not the first time you've heard about Subspace, good for you, because Subspace is truly a must-visit, must-try, coffee experience.


I've been reading a lot about Subspace coffee before from other blogs and so I've been planning and wanting to visit this place but never got the chance. Then, on one sunny afternoon, while I'm out and about in Ortigas trying to find a place where I will be meeting with a potential client, guess what I stumbled upon - Alleluia - it's Subspace! Like, God was really pointing me to the right direction because he knew I needed a boost of caffeine in my body *lol* (just exaggerating)


The place was smaller than I expected it to be but the artistry of it and its coffee did not disappoint.


I'm a self-confessed coffee addict, like running without caffeine in my blood for a day is like not drinking water for a week. (okay, exaggerating again but I'm just really that mad about coffee) I was pretty amazed and confused, both at the same time, when I looked at their menu. Amazed because their coffee offerings are not the usual. Confused because I'm a creature of habit and so I didn't know what to order. After about 10 minutes starring at their menu in utter confusion, I went for their best recommendation - Hot Purple Potato Latte - just to try something new since I'm in a new place. 

I didn't know what to expect exactly, and then this cute little cat surprised me *meow* courtesy of Subspace coffee artist.


I didn't want to kill the art but I had to drink my coffee, my body was just begging for it... So, I swirled the cutesy cat away then this creamy froth just excited me even more. Since I had no idea how the Hot Purple Potato Latte will taste, I had to take few breaths before taking a sip. (Isn't it obvious that I'm some kind of a control freak too? - Again, creature of habit) *haha* 


Verdict? Yummy. And I bet this tastes good over ice too... I'll try that next time after trying their Peanut Butter Latte, Dark Choco Mint Latte...(and the list goes on) Oh, and they have awesome milk tea creations too! Gotta try that also.  

As mentioned, my "space" adventure did not end there because I also made it a point to visit Subspace's brother, Space Encounters - a custom-made furniture shop for out-of-the-box accent pieces that can turn every empty space an artsy livable one.   


Space Encounters is just a few steps away from the coffee shop so if you're already in the area, do check it out. It's just unfortunate that the place was undergoing renovation so I didn't see much of their usual displays but what they had in store was enough to take my breath away. 


Come to think of it, if I were to do a line up of careers I would have considered before given the exposure that I have now, if only I can go back to college? Interior Design would definitely be in my consideration. If only I heard the cry of "ART" calling me when I was dead set wanting to become a lawyer (surprising huh?) *sigh* 

Oh well, there's a reason for everything and I am just glad that the turn of events led me back to my true passion - Art, Design, Fashion, Events, Travel, and believe it or not Marketing. As my FB status said a few weeks ago, if I can have the best of all worlds, why not?

The Furniture Menu

GF Grand Emerald Tower, F. Ortigas Jr. Road
Ortigas Center, Pasig City

Unit B Mezzanine, Padilla Building
F. Ortigas Jr. Road
Ortigas Center, Pasig City


xoxo

The Clueless Mrs.

2 comments:

  1. They're a pet friendly place too. People from my hedgehog group bring their pogs over there when they chill.

    ReplyDelete