Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Budget Shopping 101

It has been a while since I last posted an outfit shoot. Well, there's a reason for that... I- for a heartbreakingly brief moment- have let go of shopping and kept my "debt" cards in tight security to make do with my own very little funds I have left to see me through for a month or so. 

I sometimes forget that I'm already married, that I actually have someone to share the monetary burden with (and ask an allowance from *hihi*) but truth of the matter is, I'm simply not that kind of girl. I'll let my husband shoulder all our home expenses, if it really comes to the point that I cannot cover my half anymore, but NOT my personal allowance. No siree. For me, that's a blow below the gut I cannot muster as a "trying to be" independent woman. 

Soooooooo... because I am on a veerrrrryy tight shopping budget now. I am back to bazaars, clearances, offline & online ukay and bargain hunting like it's 1990! *haha* Just exaggerating, I'm only in 1st Grade that time so I don't really shop yet. Not ashamed of it, I'm good when it comes to thrift finds and I have this spread to prove it. 


When it comes to extreme budget shopping, I have two default places I go to:
1. Outlets in SM Sucat, specifically Clearance on 3F.
2. Landmark Bazaar, Makati

If I have more "budget" funds to spare, I'd go to People R People Outlet in Glorietta or the bigger and better branch in Robinson's Galleria, called "The Platform."

You may think tiangges like Greenhills or Divisoria should be my default places for budget shopping but you might be surprised to know you can get better deals in Landmark Bazaar. Same stuff but at a cheaper price. Promise! I once bought a dress in St. Francis Square at P550 and the next day, my mom saw the exact same dress in Landmark for only P250. Talk about profiteering! Obviously, we returned the dress to the bazaar vendor and showed the same dress we bought from Landmark at a cheaper price. Yes,  you can do that! 

Here are some budget shopping tips I can share to make the most out of your scarce shopping money:
1. Since we're talking about "BUDGET" no. 1 tip is to give yourself a budget first before ransacking every store in the mall. Do you have a 100, 500, 1,000? more? or none at all?

2. (P0 budget) If you have NO money to spare for shopping AT ALL, look at the item again and again and again or stare at it for 10 loooong seconds, until you get tired of it. Then tell yourself "I don't need it" OR "I can still live with what I currently have."

3. (P100- P500 a.k.a "one top budget") If you actually have some shopping money to spare, THINK BEFORE YOU BUY. Don't rush and buy the first top you've set your eyes on. Make sure that what you're going to buy is absolutely worth it. The perfect question is, "can you wear this in 10 different ways?" If the answer is yes, then by all means, burn that Ninoy! 

4. (P500- P1500 a.k.a "one - two outfit budget") If you have a somehow enjoyable budget to spare. Mind you, P1,500 for some people are a "one top budget." Get one or two matching or complementary outfits so you know exactly how to wear it and what to match it with to wear for countless times. Not only do you get to have a fuss-free fashionable day coz you already know what that top goes with best, it's sure-ball you'll get to wear it again and again and again. ROI accomplished!

5. Most importantly, check your goods! You don't want to regret buying a top with different shoulder length, I tell you. Do what seamstresses do, make sure the shoulders are aligned, the edging was done in an acceptable quality, no holes in weird places, no discoloration, and no stains.  

When I luckily fell under "one-two outfit budget", these are the matchy-matchy stuff I bought from Landmark Bazaar. I exceeded a bit but ALL accounts to under P2,000. And because I'm always on the run nowadays, my essential wardrobe includes comfy skinnies, breathable tops and flats so, I went for three (3) skinnies + three (3) chiffon tops as follows:

For variety and different moods, I got one purple shade.

Neutral - gray shade

Playful Pastel tones

Can't wait to wear them all and finally do outfit shoots again that I truly miss.

A sweet reminder before I end this post. Budget shopping varies from person to person in different walks of life. And this is mine. Feel free to adopt or go with what your own cashflow can handle. The choice (and budget) is yours.


xoxo,

The Clueless Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment