Monday, October 1, 2012

Meeting Mega

Sorry, I'm not talking about meeting the Mega Star, Sharon Cuneta. *hahaha* This is basically a continuation of my recent posts about the free Weekend Workshop sponsored and organized by Schu, Myth & Bling Duck at the Schu Factory Outlet in Ortigas last 09.28.2012 with guest speakers from Mega Publishing Group where they talked about Public Relations and Fashion Writing. 

Well, being in the Advertising Industry for more than six years now, my plate is not in fact empty but I love hearing something that's familiar set in a new perspective and no less than from people from Mega magazine. *Glitter in my eyes*

I did learn a thing or two from the speakers but what's amazing is to see their passion for their jobs even how stressful their jobs may seem. I love it (...and sometimes envy) when people find jobs that they're truly passionate about because sometimes, we do get lost along the way of tradition and conformity to society standards. And I attest to that... 

Back in Grade school, the only clear path for me is to become a lawyer *no kiddin* being a doctor OR a lawyer are the only two careers I know. Cut to High School prom season, I spotted a talent in fashion designing. When the time came for College applications, I still believed that I had to be a lawyer and there's no other career for me. I heavily considered pushing through with a Fashion Design course but my parents didn't believe that that's a real degree at that time and fashion designing is just a hobby. Well, I ended up being a graduate of International Business and Economics- still a pre-law course but I did excel at it. Now, after a roller coaster of a career, I conclude, that at the end of the day and in whatever I'm doing, "I just want to be inspired." That's all that matters. So, back to speakers from Mega Magazine, I admire their passion for their work. They are indeed blessed. 

First Speaker of the House:
Tedrick Yau, PR & Events Manager of One Mega Group
Second Speaker:
Sarah Santiago, Features Editor of Mega Magazine

I just had to take a whole body shot because I love what she's wearing. A true blood Fashionista, don't you think?


Girls from SOFA Manila and other Bloggers.
A stolen shot of my cousin Bea and her friends.
@BeaBenedicto don't kill me for posting this.
Tedrick & Sarah with
Myth, Schu & Bling Duck Brand Managers.
Oh, what a crappy photo. Lumix fail. Whyyyyy now????

SCORE! All because I'm an attentive student.

I see shopping in the future...
(w/ mala fortune teller voice)

Because we we're just talking about PR, I had to tickle every PR bone in my body to get the courage to approach our Speakers. I'm usually shy but I want them to remember me too.

The Clueless Mrs. with Tedrick Yau-
One Mega Group's PR & Events Manager
The Clueless Mrs. with Sarah Santiago-
Features Editor of Mega Magazine
She reminds mo sO much of my friend, Jamie Ysrael- Zaldivar, who's the Marketing Manager of Asus. Petite, morena & stylish too... Sarah could be her long lost Ate.

The loot bag. *LOVE* the Bling Duck necklace. So cute.

Special thanks to Bea Benedicto for bringing me along. 
Clothes & Shoes from Schu, Myth & Bling Duck 
are definitely fab. 

Do check out the Schu Outlet Store located at U104-A Residencia 8888 Pearl Drive cor. Amethyst St., Ortigas, Pasig. 
A little ducky told me there's going to be a fab SALE 
there next weekend. 

Follow Schu & Myth on Twitter @schu_shop and @myth_boutique


 xoxo, 

The Clueless Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment