Thursday, October 18, 2012

TIKTIK Premiere

When I first saw the trailer of TIKTIK: The Aswang Chronicles,  I told myself, I AM GOING TO WATCH THIS. 

True enough, not only did I get to see it first, I also got invited to the Industry VIP Premiere, by no other than Ramon Bautista who plays "Bart" in the film, with influential celebrities and personalities to share popcorn with. (Okay, I'm exaggerating... popcorn was kkb *haha*)

[Thought Bubble: No, I will not admit that I asked for tickets!]

Oh, did I just write what I was supposed not to admit? *lol* Alright, I did ask for the tickets but just because I cannot bear to miss to be one of the firsts to watch the film! It's a social currency I'd die to have.  

Because my hubby is currently pilay, I brought my sister with me instead. We were seriously like fan girls taking pictures with every celebrity we see, well whoever we can get the courage to approach anyway... And because I'm kapalmuks, I asked Ramon to get us to have a picture with Dingdong Dantes. 

If by chance you're a caveman like few I know, watch the official trailer here:


Here are the epic photos from last night's VIP Industry Premiere of TIKTIK: The Aswang Chronicles.
The Clueless Mrs. at the VIP Premiere of
TIKTIK: The Aswang Chronicles
10-16-2012, Greenbelt 3 Cinema 2
I just had to highlight that the film's
poster design is really nice! 
The talented cast of TIKTIK: The Aswang Chronicles
A quick photo of me & my sis.
Remember her? Always loved her Scary Lola character.
One of the veterans in Philippine Aswang movies.
With Lovi Poe. Sorry my shadow covered her pretty face.
She is such a darling.
Me, my sis and Dingdong Dantes
Photo taken by Ramon Bautista *hihi*
The Man of the Hour, Direk Erik Matti.
I'm so privileged to have worked with this man years ago
for  Ramon Bautista's first-ever TV commercial. 
My Hero, the Dragon/ Bart, Ramon Bautista
Just had to share...
It's amazing to learn that the film was actually 5 years in the making, from the dinner that blossomed a great idea of an Aswang film shot in green screen, between renowned director Erik Matti and big man Dondon Monteverde, up until TIKTIK's first premiere screening. 

It's evident that blood, sweat and tears, not to mention 5 year risky financial investment, was put into creating this film. From the well-crafted close-to-life production design, casting, acting workshops, 28 day 24/7 shoot, and post-production computer graphics and effects where 60 graphic artists worked night and day to come up with unbelievable eye-popping effects. I am just sO impressed.

Verdict on the film? A-mazing! I'd probably watch it again this week. I love the playful mix of suspense, action and humor of the film. Aside from the computer graphics, the movie was also oozing with a very talented cast. Every character really played a crucial role in the movie that builds and builds up into one awesome visual presentation. 

TIKTIK really sets the calibre high for Pinoy movies. If I should wait for another 5 years for another great beautifully-polished movie, trust me, I'll be willing to wait.  


Special thanks to Ramon Bautista for the premiere tickets.


For more of the Aswang Chronicles, click here.



xoxo, 

The Clueless Mrs.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I remember her! She's Lilia Cuntapay! She's got her own movie coming up this Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, that's her name... it has been in the tip of my tongue for the last 3 days. Really??? I'll check that out.

      Delete