Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Crazy Eyes

For people who know us, they know that JM and I never had an argument that lasted a day. 

I might have missed including this in my Relationship Rules but at the beginning of our relationship, we both agreed to never go to sleep or end the night without resolving any issue and we've carried this till now in our marriage. 

Don't think we had it easy though... remember that JM really, seriously stands firm in his beliefs and principles. If he thinks he is right and has done nothing wrong, he will fight to the death till I acknowledge his point. He never succumbs to my tantrums, tears and  drama, he never says sorry just to get the fight over with... Another trait of his that I irritatingly admire. 

Because we were so private then (does not apply so much anymore because I'm sharing this now), no one knew we had a big conflict, that lasted a week of semi-cool off, about ... *drum roll please* GETTING MARRIED.

photo source: Google Images
--- Now, girls in long relationships, if you want to get your guys on board the wedding wheels, LISTEN UP! This might just do the trick. *LOL* ---

Get him to see and experience life without you. Seriously, this took a LOT of courage from me and support from friends and family because I loved him dearly to even be apart from him for more than three days with no contact at all. *haha* This killed him! *hahaha* still can't stop laughing looking back at it now...

At the same time, allow yourself to see and experience life without him as well. Go out with your friends and SPLURGE. You don't yet have any wedding to save up for, right? So, ENJOY your hard-earned money!

Well, I cannot blame him for not being ready to dive in because of financial stability but as my mom told me when she bribed me dinner to share the chismis why JM kept sending me doooooozens of roses at that time, "If you'll wait and wait for money and financial stability, that will never come" (An actual quote from my Dad when they were trying to save up for their own wedding 30+ years ago). "So, what are you waiting for?"

At the end of everything, have "The TALK". 

If you both are still in it for the long run, you'll find yourselves not just feeling revived after the very short break, you get to see things in a different light and appreciate each other more. 

The Result? 

After 1 day - we opened a joint bank account & started looking at condos. 
After 30 days - we made our very first investment. We bought a condo unit. 
And after 6 months...
Up Next: "The Proposal" 

Caution: Every relationship is different. Do the same at your own risk.


xoxo, 

The Clueless Mrs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi mmoneya! Thanks for the note. ooohh... I'm managing my website on my own and I'm poor in tech stuff but I'll try to find someone to fix the IE problem for me. Thanks for the link too. Loved reading the article! Absolutely confirmed the effectiveness of my tip. haha...

    ReplyDelete