Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Big White Dress

While the rest of the world is talking about Halloween, I still have butterflies in my stomach sharing about my wedding story on my Love month this October. And what better way to start the week with a post about... well, just the most important detail in every wedding, "the Dress."

The Dress, which alter any engaged girl's senses and make everything sink in in heightened emotions at the very first gown fitting;
The Dress, which all eyes will be on as Brides walk down the isle on the biggest day of their lives;
The Dress, which will encapsulate any Brides' memory about her wedding day.  

I can go and on about the importance of the "the Dress" but do you get the point how much pressure it is to find/ create the perfect wedding dress? *phew* I feel a little tense now... 

Before I even got engaged though, I already had an idea how I wanted my wedding dress to look like. I'm usually very insecure about my fiercely real figure but on my wedding, with Beyonce, Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lopez as inspirations, I embraced my full figure and my hips that don't lie with a mermaid cut wedding gown. Ergo, the Peg.

The Peg

I had few magazine cut outs and sketches with me when I visited my designer but when I was looking through magazines while waiting for my turn, I saw this gown and fell in love. I knew then this was IT. 

Tito Bill, my designer, is my mom's friend who I've known every since I was in high school when we borrowed a gown for my United Nations pageant, which I won by the way. *yabang lang

He owns the famous boutique in BF Homes, The Dream Maker, and because I've always liked his designs, there was no doubt in my mind to have him design my wedding gown. Lucky for me, when you book with him a year in advance, he'll also give 50% discount for the whole entourage package! *kaching kaching*

The Moment of Truth. 
When it's time to take your measurements.

It will take about 6 months to finish my Wedding gown so, I followed a systematic timeline. One that will give Tito Bill the flexibility of time to polish my gown and for me to lose some pounds. Tip for Brides-to-be, when you have your measurements about to be taken, wear a fitted dress and bring heels with the right height that you're most comfortable with. 

To also prepare for your fitting and look good on the big day, do 10x crunches every morning when you wake up and lift some dumbbells to tone your arms and lose the batwings! 

My First Gown Fitting
Yes! pumayat ako!
I look so puffy. I'm like a walking pom pom.
Daddy's Girl.

Tip, remember that every designer has their own interpretation of their designs. Key thing is to trust your designer because they have no other priority than to make you look and feel pretty on your wedding day. So, since the mermaid cut will be more flattering to taller girls, we opted to move the skirting up to my lower hips. 

My Second Fitting

Trivia. Did you know that my wedding gown weighs about 8-10 lbs. heavy? No kidding! This dress consumed 60 yards of Silk Organza. 

Time to face the Spotlight.
French Lace embellished with Swarovski crystals
to support the weight of the gown
My Wedding Gown &
my After-party dress, a gift from Tito Bill.
Glowing Bride

When the big day comes, drop all your woes and enjoy the day, whatever happens, you'll be looking radiant the whole day.


Bill Calubaquib
#21 President's Avenue
Tahanan Village, Paranaque City
T: (02) 401-7192; 809-9886
M: (0917) 8407541
E: tdmcouture@yahoo.com


xoxo, 

The Clueless Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment