Monday, October 29, 2012

Cary-d Away!

Oh my... Being MIA (Missing in Action) for a while gave me sO much blog backlogs and I haven't even finished my Love to Wedding Blog series yet. Oh, where shall I start?!? 

I guess, by me asking... How was your long weekend? 
Mine was hectic, fulfilling and absolutely FUN!

FEAT #1 --- After three years of dreaming to attend the Philippine Fashion Week, I finally got the time AND the TICKETS to go to every fashionista's favorite week of the year, or should I say season? 
I almost gave up trying to score some tickets to see at least few shows, and on starry night, I finally got an email invite from the Philippine Fashion Week Live to select the show I want to attend. 

I had a LOT of choices actually, but given my semi-tight schedule last weekend, I opted for the best choice and see the show of one of the renowned Filipino Designers I really look up to- Cary Santiago

I really love Cary Santiago... Like, if I'll ever be a fashion designer like what I envisioned myself to be when I was younger, I think I'll be sharing the same design esthetic as his. 

October 26, 2012
SMX Convention Center, Mall of Asia
To describe the show in the simplest manner, the show was a feast for the senses. I didn't appreciate the SFX choice at first but as the models walk the runway and showcase the collection one by one, I found myself in awe and literally holding my breath for some time because of sheer amazement. Few pieces were actually featured on Preview magazine September issue already yet I was still blown away when I saw them walk the runway. The catwalk choreography was also different because you see two to three models walk the runway in a synchronized fashion, you can't decide where to look because all the clothes are just so stunning. The music, the mood, the stellar collection showcased in a jaw-dropping visual presentation, it was like experiencing an orchestra in Fashion. 

Here's few of my favorite pieces from that night.


Apologies if I just pulled photos from Stylebible.ph. I wanted to give Cary Santiago's designs justice and I don't think I can do that with my own photos at this actual vantage point.


And here I am on the runway. *Well, almost touching the runway...* 



And look who I luckily bumped into? Famous designers and brothers, John and Paul Herrera, my mentors at the Fashion Institute of the Philippines way back when I took short courses on Fashion Design. I was supposed to see their show yesterday but I had an important family gathering to attend to (barristers' salubong for my bro-in-law! #wootwoot). Good thing Stylebible.ph keeps me in the loop of what's happening in #PFWSS2013. 


See John Herrera and Paul Herrera's Collection 
at the Magnum Presents Ready to Wear Collection.


xoxo, 

The Clueless Mrs.

1 comment: