Saturday, January 19, 2013

City of Springs


It ain't the Hamptons nor you will go here for its rooms and facilities but for it's hot pools. In it's glory days, back in the 90's, the City of Springs, located in Los Banos, Laguna, is one of the default places people go to when they say "Pansol." It is actually one of the last very few original hot spring resorts along Laguna de Bay and Mt. Makiling. 

I remember when we were kids, our parents would bring us to a day-trip in Laguna for a quick hot spring swimming. The famous one we frequent at that time was the huge hot pool with a lion's head. I couldn't even remember the name of the place anymore but it was one of my fondest memory as a kid because I love swimming so much.

Back to City of Springs though, I have a very vague memory of the place because I think the last time I was here was when I was just about 4-years old but I knew it was somehow familiar right when we entered the resort.

At first, I was "oh-no"... the place looks old and the rooms were not as impressive vs. from what I vaguely recall 24 years ago,  but the warm waters just lured me in to take a dip. As soon as the fresh hot spring water gushed over my skin, I felt so relaxed that I couldn't get myself leave the pool anymore. I felt like I was floating on a warm body of heaven that I can live in for eternity. I am just exaggerating of course, I don't wanna go to heaven yet. *haha* but it really was super relaxing. 

It's been a while since our family went for an outing so what I really enjoyed the most was simply bonding with the family.  


Our Suite with Plunge Pool (P3,640 per night)


After this quick recall of a hot spring weekend experience, I hope that kids today and my kids in the future will still get to experience "Pansol" like it was in the 90's. Unadulterated, non-commercialized, but a simple hot spring dip when you just want to escape the city. 

147 N. Villegas Street, Los Banos, Laguna
(+632) 520-8364; (+6349) 536-0731



xoxo,

The Clueless Mrs.

4 comments:

  1. I think I've been to this place when I was little, but it must have had a different name back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi R! Probably... Not a lot of people especially from our generation goes to Pansol anymore, which makes me a lil sad.

      Delete