Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pray + Eat + Love

Missed me much? Well, I terribly did miss quietly seating in a cafe with no other agenda but to write and share my day with y'all. And I know it's way too late to excite you about this post but I have no more excuses left but to romance you with another sincere apology. So, a heartfelt sorry guys. 

Anyway, to take up where I left off, here's the finale about my sweet escape to Tagaytay last cold January for the celebration of our first year wedding anniversary where we ended the occasion in prayer, eating (a lot), and celebrating love the best way we know how... before your imagination gets playful, I meant spending quality time together. *cheese balls!* (A new expression I picked up from the movie Warm Bodies- MUST WATCH!) 

We were originally planning to hear mass at the Shrine of St. Therese of the Child Jesus, where we exchanged our I DOs a year ago, but since we decided to celebrate in Tagaytay, we made it a point to visit the Pink Sisters Cathedral instead to PRAY. It was my very first time to visit the church actually and I was pleasantly amazed with what I saw. I literally felt close to Heaven, with no 50/50 life and death state required. Misty clouds hover the spacious grounds while lots and lots of pine trees and other sorts hide the humble chapel where the Pink Sisters kneel in prayer.  


I had no idea why the church was called "Pink Sisters" until I saw them. And Pink Sisters they really were. Taking pictures inside the church was prohibited, so just imagine women of different ages who have devoted their lives to God, enrobed in bright pink tunic, heads covered with starched white colf, all lined up while they all sing in chorus with voice like angels. I really have no other words but "heavenly."

A lot of advocates visit the church because you can actually write letters with your intentions in a piece of paper then the sisters will pray for you. Now, don't stop kneeling in prayer since the sisters are already doing their jobs, it doesn't work that way. *lol* 

This visit was very timely because both JM and I were at a crossroad in our lives in terms of career, family/ life planning and hopes of achieving both our dreams and ambitions so this visit really helped us connect with God spiritually. I'm also thankful that JM is very faithful and God-fearing because he makes me want to become a better Christian. The fact is, he prays more and loooooonger than I do, which amazes me every time. Although he sometimes fall asleep in the middle of prayer because he talks to God way too long sometimes. *lol*


Here's the facade of the chapel. The exterior may seem structurally traditional with stone-colored walls but the interiors tell a different story. Polished light gray walls with darker gray trimmings and pale pink accents, and low hanging vintage chandeliers. Every corner of room was very pleasing to the eyes and simply breathtaking. I'm thinking, the place would be great for weddings although I'm not sure if they move the railings that encloses the area where the sisters usually seats at mass to cater to such.

As if the universe already heard me, a lucky penny crossed my path- a 1979 20 centavo Hong Kong Dollar. I have no idea why "this old" coin was doing there nor do I understand what it means. Maybe a Hong Kong trip is on the horizon? Hopefully?! I dunno... but it must mean something good. 



Here's me enjoying the cold and foggy weather early Monday morning after sending the Pink Sisters our long letters of personal intentions.



After praying, WE EAT. We actually thought long and hard where to continue celebrating our special day. We were back and forth considering somewhere we haven't tried before and somewhere easier on the pocket since we already spent much of our humble budget on overnight accommodations. So, for the purpose of "memories of young love" we went back where year one started. Exactly where we celebrated our first year BF-GF Anniversary- Sonya's Garden.


The place was a lot different from what I remember. Definitely bigger and there were a lot of diners considering it was a Monday. There was even a wedding happening at the other hall. 


But the food? hmmmmmmm.... Still as GOOD as I tasted before or even better, actually. For only P610 per person, you can have unlimited serving of refreshing Dalandan Juice, Salad, Bread, and Pasta. 

Salad- fresh from the garden garnished with fruits, nuts, cucumber, and egg.
Soft, warm bread served with a variety of dips.
Sonya's spot for book signing
Pasta Arrabbiata w/ Blue Marlin bites, Eggplant ratatouille, shitake mushrooms, and capers.  
For Dessert - Turon, Dark Cocoa Chiffon Cake, and real-leaf Tarragon Tea.

The whole dining experience was both nostalgic and refreshing. I cannot wait to plan my next dining visit when the salad craving comes. Oh yeah, I'm a salad lover just in case you don't know. Must be because my mom munches on lettuce day and night when she was pregnant with me. 


Before we left the Sunflower dining hall, here's something that caught my eye. Sonya's Coffee Table Book that Clueless Mrs. like me would LOVE. Story of Sonya, tips on gardening, salad recipes *yum*, even tricks on removing stains! I think Sonya is the humble Martha Stewart of the Philippines. A-mazing. Well, my wallet was a bit tight at that time so I wasn't able to get myself a copy although my palms were itching until we got home because I really wanted one. The book retails at P1,850 and I think it's also available in bookstores in the Metro. If I get to buy one though, I'll get it at Sonya's Garden so I can have it signed by Sonya herself.  

Lastly, LOVE. One year has passed but it still feels like we just exchanged I DOs yesterday. JM - you're my best friend, my hero, my soul mate. I love you. *major cheese balls!* *lol*

Barangay Buck Estate, Alfonso, Cavite, Philippines
(within the vicinity of Tagaytay City)
For Reservations: +63917 5329097 or +63917 5335140


xoxo,

The Clueless Mrs.

The couple who eats together, gets fat together.

No comments:

Post a Comment