Monday, August 12, 2013

New Leaf

Wow, after three long months I finally found myself the courage to hit the "New Post" button on my dashboard. I know my repeated hiatus is already inexcusable but coming back is what matters right? Please agree with me... Honestly, I'm almost in tears for neglecting my blog for far too long... 

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest, you might be wondering what I've been up to lately. Well, aside from the obviously redesigned blog (What do you think of my new blog layout by the way? Doesn't it look more fab and exceptionally clean? Would you believe I came up with the whole new look in a dream? Well, in between sleepless nights anyway... And, all designed and produced by moi! *Pat on the back* I am just so proud). Going back to my REAL story though, if you can please take a moment, the image below says it ALL.  



YES! We are finally expecting, and I've been carrying our bundle of joy for five months now. So if you're wondering why I can't seem to keep off the weight in my last few fashion posts, I have a perfect excuse for that. Okay, fine, I was really on a streak of pigging out (in depression mode) before I found out I was pregnant. But after the surprising epiphany, there was no coming back to diet mode, at least till the baby comes out. 

For this special coming back blog post, I thought of creating an artwork that will perfectly express what I am feeling. However, lazy me kicking in, I cannot get myself to pick up a pencil to start even a doodle. So instead, I share with you this gorgeous mother and child painting I found on the internet by Katherine Scriffignano (see more of her work here). I just fell in love with her work. It's just perfect for this post and even the color choices fit my purple-loving taste. 

Getting pregnant is such a blessing and I will be sharing with you more about my "Clueless Mommy" experiences in my coming posts. This surely puts a big check on my bucket list. And speaking of bucket list, this brings me to back to my 30 before 30 list I posted right after my 29th birthday and makes me wonder how I've been doing so far. Let's have a quick status review, shall we?


1. Get pregnant - CHECK!
2. Get my Weddings & Events Coordination business (really) off the ground - Well, I'm been having good response so far and I LOVE what I'm doing. So, I can say CHECK for this one.
3. Get back into Fashion School - CHECK!
4. Enroll for Advance Pattern Making and Haute Couture and be part of Fashion Institute of the Philippines' 2013 Graduation Show - Unfortunately, I will have to put this hold maybe until next year or so. 
5. Experience surfing. Any surfing spots will do. - I cannot do this now but I will as soon as it is safe for me to do so, I will definitely fit this in my calendar even after the big 3-0. 
6. Join a Volunteer program - There's still time. 
7. Lose 15 lbs. by May - I will have to push this post-natal and increase target to 30lbs. in 4 months after giving birth. 
8. Work on the interior design of our condo - We are actually moving out of our condo temporarily but I have been working on prettifying our new room. 
9. Drive - Oh, I already drove 3km from Dasmarinas Village to BGC. That counts right?
10. Get myself an iPad - Still eyeing and saving up for this. 
11. Go or at least book a trip to Hong Kong - Another thing I will have to push post-natal or maybe until the baby can walk and talk so he/she can enjoy Disneyland with us. Well, we went to Beijing just a month ago so that's near enough. 
12. Fix up my blog and make Clueless Mrs. a dot com. - CHECK! while the dot.com has to wait.
13. Own a car - hmmm... I cannot see this happening very soon anymore and only God knows when.
14. Start selling samples of my designs by December - Still doable.
15. Explore Mt. Pinatubo - push to post-natal
16. Get featured in a magazine - Still wishing. 
17. Be recognized as a Fashion/ Prenup Stylist - I have styled few prenups already and was given a chance to style an ad shoot but I had to make a pass because of pregnancy reasons.
18. Learn basic Make-Up - Still doable
19. Learn how to bake - Still doable
20. Get a bad-*** camera 
21. Get another big break in modeling - Crossing fingers for a preggy role but if not, I'll just push this to post-natal for more mommy roles. 
22. Go to Coron - push to post-natal
23. Explore Cebu - push to post-natal
24. Join at least three (3) Bridal Fairs this year - Well, I have three bridal fairs lined up crossing until 2014 so I have to say CHECK!
25. Be more experimental when it comes to clothes and dress up beyond my "classic" comfort zone - this has been more challenging especially with the baby bump. And going classic has been the easiest thing to do to keep the hot momma vibe. 
26. Apprentice with a Couture Designer - Still doable, I guess.
27. Eat at an authentic Indian restaurant - hmmm... I think I have to be more careful in what I eat so I'll just push this to post-natal. 
28. Learn basic photography
29. Start planning for our dream home - Still a loooong shot and only God knows when this will happen for us.
30. Earn enough without finding a need to get a full-time job. - I actually landed myself an online job that helps with the bills somehow. I'll share that with you in another post. 

I know I have a LOT more to go but I have to say that I cannot be any more happier than where I am now. I really feel blessed and I absolutely wouldn't change anything in my present life. I'm really feeling the love and God never fails to shower me blessings especially with a lot of opportunities that are still coming my way, even with a growing tummy.

Keep the LOVE everyone!

xoxo

Oh, and here's a small hello from our little one.


No comments:

Post a Comment