Monday, March 18, 2013

My Favorite Week

If you ask me what my favorite week of the year is... I'd say, it's not the long holiday during Christmas season nor it is Holy week. Any guesses? Well, I think the photos below gives it away. My favorite week of the year is actually 7 days from February 28 to March 7 (8 days if it's a leap year) simply because it is the week when my husband and I celebrate both our birthdays, exactly one week apart. Our celebration usually starts a day before his birthday because my husband shares his birthdate with his dad. We have this so-called "pre-birthday" dinner with just the two of us, then celebrate his real birthday with the family the next day. 

So, how did we spend our birthdays this year, you ask? Another giveaway... we binged on sweets! A whole loooot of sweets.

Have you tried Tous Les Jous? MUST TRY! Specially to those cake lovers who aren't necessarily ultra sweet lovers like me coz some cakes are really really sweet to the point that your tooth will hate you. But Tous Les Jous? Oh TLJ... Sweet perfection to my palette. This is aside from the fact that they design the cutest cakes and the price is just right. 

Classic Chocolate Cake @ P398

For the hubby's pre-birthday dinner, I surprised him by bringing him to this new French resto in Molito, Alabang I've been dying to try- Le Petit Cheri. The place was very charming with touches of Paris here and there that's just so cute. They also have this nice area on the second floor, perfect for small events like bridal showers (the tamed version), baby showers or for any simple affair. 


The Clueless Mister surprised by my gift - a hard to find, already faced out, Ipod Nano (watch) for his once in a blue moon jogging sessions.

Surprise! Surprise! 

The food was good, although the meat served was not perfectly cooked and the potato salad needed a dash of salt and probably would have tasted better if it was cooked a lil longer. What's winner for me is really the ambiance coz everything's so pink! *haha* How girly of me to critic that. I guess I'm just not really that kind of a foodie. I just love to eat. The price range is P250 to P400, decent for special occasions.


Quick Verdict: Overall experience? Good. Will I come back? High Probability.

Now enough of the husband, it's my turn. For my pre-birthday dinner, it was my choosing to dine at a shabby Korean joint in BF Homes called "Masarap" (Delicious) *lol* No kiddin! When my friend invited me "Kain tayo sa Masarap" (Let's eat somewhere delicious) I thought she's generally saying to eat anywhere that's good. Little did I know that that's the actual name of the place. Don't judge the place by it's exteriors nor interiors though coz the food is actually really masarap, comparable to other pricey Korean restos in the village, but at a much cheaper price. And to have a sweet ending, we bought few cupcakes from Larcy's.

Larcy's Cupcakes

Larcy's created buzz in BF Homes when it first opened in December because of its  pink *again with the pink* and adorable architecture. I actually thought of celebrating my birthday there for a cupcake party but it failed my expectations when we first visited the place. Because giving up on a person nor place is not in my nature, I gave it one more try but sadly it failed me again. I don't hate it but I also don't love it. My pet peeve about the place really is that servers don't use gloves when they pick up your cupcakes and place it in the box and don't hate me but too much food coloring in their best-selling Red Velvet Cheesecake stained my teeth. I really hope their cupcakes and the smell of the place improves because the place does have potential. *Note to owners: I'd love to help*

To be honest, I was somehow sad when I celebrated my birthday this year because I usually plan my birthdays months before because I always want to make it special even how simple it may be. But this year? I really just had no energy although I tried planning a quickie hipster party but then I decided not to push through with it. 

Anyway... excuse the drama, it's the thyroid talking. So, I decided to turn the day around by having a simple dinner with the family at Papa John's, by special request of my dad. To my glee, the night turned out fun and nothing really beats spending your special day with the closest people in your life.

Sweet flowers fresh from Tagaytay from my Hubby

I don't know the relevance of siopao. I know, it does not complement Italian food but my mom got crazy buying a monster siopao for my birthday and served it on the table just for the funny sight of it. It remained untouched until the end of the evening.


Making a Wish

Can't get enough of Tous Le Jous, I just had to have one too. Special thanks to my sister.


For the sweetest finale, my sis-in-law also gave my cupcakes, this time from Sophie's mom. And between Larcy's and this, Sophies' Mom Cupcakes is the absolute winner. 

Sophie's Mom cupcakes

Sorry again for the late post. Just wanted to share...


xoxo

The Clueless Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment