Monday, December 3, 2012

Bold and Beautiful

This post is actually part of my Love to Wedding Blog Series. I know I'm almost 2 months too late but I won't give up, even how late it is, to have all my intended blog posts out. *challenge accepted!* So, you just wait and see... 

Anyway, with all the Axe news I've been posting recently, let's talk about something sexy today, shall we? This is not about Boracay anymore but something more intimate. This is about three bold women out to empower women through photography. I'm talking about, no other than, the Boudoir Dolls.

Boudoir ['bu:dwa] is a lady's private bedroom or dressing room. The term derives from the French verb bouder, meaning "to pout." In the old days when a lady would sulk, she would go to her boudoir to do so. In today's time though, in terms of photography, boudoir takes on a new and delicious twist. [I just LOVE how the Boudoir Dolls put it] Instead of coming to boudoir sessions to sulk, you'll be coming to celebrate. [source]

The Boudoir Dolls is an all women group of photographers catering, specifically to women. Backed up by extensive photography experience in glamour, fashion and portraits, Danielle, Arlene and Shayla brings a little bit of themselves into each shoot. They know the joy, the trials and the triumphs of being a woman. Each shoot is your story mixed with a little bit of theirs. It's sexy yet classy. [source]

(L-R) Danielle, Arlene and Shayla
The fierce ladies of Boudoir Dolls Photography
I came across the Boudoir Dolls several times in group buying sites before but my interest wasn't peaked until one of good girl friends told me what the Boudoir Dolls is all about. And since I was getting married at that time... *light bulb* I thought this would be a great gift for myself (a remembrance of my glory days) and my husband to be. Then, once it came out again on Deal Grocer, I instantly hit BUY.

Getting to the shoot was mission impossible for me, as in [HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL]. I even had to throw many lies to get to do it. Luckily, I was sharing my voucher with my good girl friend who was also getting married just a month after me, which made the whole experience more fun. 

It only took me one day to think about my costumes but hell of a three sleepless nights to prepare myself for the intimate shoot. I was freakin' out of excitement and nervousness all at the same time, but once I got to the studio, I really felt comfortable with Arlene and Liz, then it was GAME FACE ON. And here, are my best shots...  

Hair & Styling by the Clueless Mrs. (Aiza Soller- Garcia)
Make Up by Julz Manaois
It was an experience I won't forget and probably a fantasy fulfilled as well... It's definitely something I'd do again, maybe when I get pregnant. 

If you're interested to the same and need a stylist to glam you up, I'm open to offer my services, just email me at aiza.soller@gmail.com*wink* 


Disclaimer: I have fought long & hard with my husband to get his permission to publish this blog post.  Have I mentioned he has sometimes (extremely) conservative standards? Ironic because between the two of us, he is the one who has this mentality. For the love of art and true beauty, I am publishing this.
Imagine Nation Photography 17Q G.Araneta Ave. Quezon City
T: (02) 713 7189



xoxo, 

The Clueless Mrs.

2 comments:

  1. A friend of mine did something similar when she got pregnant. So she had several shots per trimester I think, and one last when her baby was finally born. Pretty awesomely done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh... that's a nice idea! ;) I'll take note of that... Thanks theepicjar!

      Delete