Saturday, September 1, 2012

Spend to Save the Clueless Mrs.' Way

I used to say I'm a self-proclaimed group buying addict (and I think I somehow still am). The interest died down for a while, but it grew back instantly. Checking out my favorite deal sites has been an everyday morning routine just to see if there's something that will catch my eye and will itch me to add debt to my credit card(s). 

Don't think that I'm too impulsive though.

I once told my husband "I SPEND so I can SAVE." Ironic as it may sound, believe me, there's logic to it.

A- I'm saving up for our US trip 2-3 years from now.
B- I'm growing my MILES on my credit card so we can get at least one plane ticket for FREE so we only need to pay for one more plane ticket. Hence, the SAVINGS.
C- To grow my MILES on my credit card, I need to SPEND.

Get it? Haha... ONLINE SHOPPING JUSTIFIED.

While some of you may be hesitant in trusting sites with your credit card info, there are actually several safe ways to go about it via credit secure systems like Paypal. Major banks like BPI, BDO and Metrobank now also have Virtual and Prepaid Cards for Safer and more controlled internet shopping (hmmm... I think I need this).

Since deal sites promulgated the Philippine E-Commerce, I think I've already spent about 5 figures in my fave deal sites already. Here's the summary of my purchases with short testimonials. Warning though, you might need a magnifying glass to be able to read the miniature texts.

Ensogo


Groupon aka Beeconomic
Deal Grocer
Cash Cash Pinoy
*Inactive since November 2011.



While my purchases may seem exuberant, I have managed to SAVE a whopping amount of almost P60,000 (so far). And that's how I SAVE--- aside from growing my miles for that FREE US plane ticket 2-3 years from now. 

How about you? I'd like to hear your budget/ saving tricks.

xoxo,

The Clueless Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment