Thursday, September 6, 2012

Date Night at the Big Bad Wolf

If you've read my previous post on how I Spend to Save the Clueless Mrs.' Way, you might have noticed that one of the deals I recently purchased from Groupon was a resto deal at the Big Bad Wolf

What I like about this deal, aside from the 52% discount (P480 for food and beverage worth P1,000), is the fact that it was the first time I heard about this place. And you know me, I tingle when I hear something new... And so, without a second thought, I clicked BUY! 

The place is a bit hidden coz it's located at the back of Residential High-Rise Condo, Fairways Tower, same building as Ristras- just so you have a perfect Landmark. The parking allotted for BBW is also at the basement so, do not make our mistake of attempting to park at the small open parking beside Ristras & Malcolm's.

Based on the feel of the place, I guess it's really positioned to appeal to the artsy-yuppies who likes comfort food above the usual. I also like the mala-Bachelor pad minimalist interiors of the place coz it adds to the chillax ambiance. See for yourselves.

One of the most playful menus I've ever seen.

To view Big Bad Wolf's full menu, click here.

To enjoy our deal to the fullest, we ordered the following:
Tilapia Chicharon P130
We were choosing between this and Potato Skins, which I heard was a Must try but we went for Tilapia Chicharon coz it's different and hass less carbs, though it's still fried.

Huge serving for an appetizer and it's quite good! Tastes just like pork skin chicharon in a way.
Pink Lemonade for the Mrs. & Iced Tea for the Mr.
about P100 each. A refreshing filler for our 1k voucher. 
Dorado Fillet Wrapped in Bacon P375
Mahi-mahi, Bacon, Pommery Mustard Sauce, Pasta Aglio Olio.
The plating is nice but I find it a little bland. I don't think I'll order this again. 

Santol- Smoked Pork Belly P350
Pork Belly, Dirty Rice, Honey-Raspberry Sauce.
Now, this one is GOOD! As in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. 

It melts in your mouth... The Honey-Raspberry Sauce gives a twist to the usual taste of a Pork Belly dish. A sweet and savory surprise.

Because they forgot that we opted for Mashed Potato in lieu
of Rice,they gave us a complimentary scoop of Mashed Potato
instead. Still carbs for carbs but it's yummmy...
One thing we also got from this Date Night experience was their playlist. My hubby literally went to their sound booth and borrowed their iPod to copy the playlist. Haha, talk about a totally chillax evening.

Overall Experience? Good with ****4stars. Would I come back? Yes.


xoxo, 

The Clueless Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment