Saturday, September 22, 2012

Kitchen Diaries Episode 2

Okay, I know I've left you hanging for over three weeks now, waiting for the next episode of the Kitchen Diaries and no amount of excuse can ever be acceptable to my followers.

Editing this episode actually gave me a fright because when I was trying to download the videos, errors of corrupted files keep on popping up. Good thing I was able to retrieve the video files or else I would have no choice but to redo everything and make you wait even more.

This episode is another good long 15 minutes. Pardon the length, I've already made A LOT of cuts to hopefully fit everything under 10 minutes but next time I guess. 

For this episode, I share with you a recipe I discovered as a new (part-time) housewife. One of my husband's favorites- "Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet." 


Here's the how to video:


Ingredients you need:
Oil
1 1/2 kilo Dory Fish Fillet P141.00
2 Eggs P10.00
5 tbsp. Flour
2 Carrots P27.00
1 Onion
Bell Peppes P34.00
Ginger P3.50
Del Monte Pineapple Chunks est. P30.00
Del Monte Quick N' Easy Mix P22.50
For my followers abroad, don't think that I've forgotten about you... If the Del Monte Quick N' Easy recipe mix is unavailable in where you are, here's another version that is also quick and easy. 

Just saute onions, bell peppers, ginger and carrots into a medium sauce pan or skillet (kawale) for 1 minute. Stir in the 1/4 cup pineapple juice you drained from 1 small can of pineapple chunks, add 1 1/2 tbsp. sugar, 5 tbsp. ketchup, 2 tbsp. water, 2 tbsp. of flour, 1 tbsp. sesame oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Cook until thickened, stir occasionally. Add the pineapples, then serve. Because this is a Clueless Mrs.' version,  just taste what you're cooking. If it's too sour, add sugar. If it's too sweet, add salt & pepper. Do not be afraid to experiment coz that's how you will learn. Good luck and happy cooking!

Good news also for those who want to learn more about Quick N' Easy recipes. Del Monte's iPhone app is finally available on iTunes App Store. 
Go to App Store Now!
Here's a screenshot of what you can expect from the iPhone app. This is one of the most user-friendly cooking apps I've seen. What I like about it is that you can also create your own music playlist via your iTunes for each recipe you want to cook. 


Video shot using Lumix TS20
Soundtrack: Light by Ellie Goulding downloaded via Music Dumper.


What do you want me to cook next? 

Let me know by leaving a comment or emailing me at aiza.soller@gmail.com.


xoxo,

The Clueless Mrs.

4 comments: