Monday, September 24, 2012

An Alternative to that pricey Korean Fried Chicken let's call "Enchong Chicken"

I just want to share with you a little discovery I found over the weekend.

If you're craving for that famous Korean Chicken that- let's admit- pricey, itago nalang natin sya sa pangalang "Enchong Chicken." Here's a cheaper way to satisfy that craving...

Only P41.50 each
It comes with a batter mix & the
Korean Fried Chicken Sauce: Spicy & Soy Garlic

2 packs is good for 1 whole Chicken that can serve 3-4.
Step 1: Mix the Batter.  
For me though, I find the 2 packs batter mixed with 1/2 cup water still too watery so I still mix it with 1 egg, 5 tbsp. flour and a dash of pepper. I also quickly marinate the chicken in 5 tbsp. fish sauce (patis) and 1/4 cup water just to add to the taste. With all these actually, the fried chicken already tastes good even without the sauces.
Step 2: Fry the Chicken 


After frying the chicken, the question that only remains now is: 
Spicy? or Soy Garlic?

Step 3: Mix your chicken with your preferred sauce. 
 Tip: Do a tap dance while you're doing this. Trust me, it's fun!

Spicy
Soy Garlic

*Katching*Katching*
1 Whole Chicken P125.79
1 McCormick Korean Fried Chicken Spicy P41.50
1 McCormick Korean Fried Chicken Soy Garlic P41.50
Serves 3-4. 

With oil, flour, egg, pepper & electricity?
Est. P75.00 each.

Not bad, right?

Verdict? Tastes just like "Enchong" without the price tag.
Would I cook this again? Honestly, this is my second try...


xoxo,

The Clueless Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment