Monday, August 6, 2012

A piece of Heaven on Earth- Majayjay Bed & Breakfast

What's nice about being married is that you can go on an impromptu road trip without asking for parents' permission anymore! haha...


Last April 30, me and my hubby urged a quick out-of-town trip to take advantage of the labor day holiday. So, I asked my tita- Encar Ordonez, former host of "Eh Kasi Bata" and "Kwarta O Kahon", Actress and wife of the legendary Advertising man, Minyong Ordonez (Hindi halatang proud ako noh?)- if we can visit a piece of their heaven, Majayjay Bed & Breakfast.


It's been ages since I last visited the place, 1996 to be exact, but I remember the place to be immaculate so I was really excited to go back for a quick vacay.


It was a 3-4 hour long drive and thank God for unlimited data and Google maps! Or else, the 3-4 hour trip might have probably become 6 hours looong. Just exaggerating, but you get the point.. 


When we finally got to the place, the whole trip was so worth it and Majayjay Bed & Breakfast absolutely did not disappoint. 


Every breath was a breeze of fresh air.
The place was quiet, perfect for soul searching.
The guest house was clean and very cozy. 
And the food? yuuuuummmy... (Just between you and me, I think I gained 2 lbs. overnight *hush*). 
Just remembering the spread of food served to us makes my taste buds tingle. 
Nuff said, see for yourselves.


 Breathtaking view of Mt. Banahaw 


The Main House where we stayed at. 
There's no airconditioning but it does get cool at night.

Dada Henia House

Main House Interiors


 Quirky interior decos. I also love the intricate hand wall paintings.


Eco-friendly ceiling. As a matter of fact, the place was built with very environment friendly 
materials like old narras and other kinds of recycled wood.  

Look what greeted us when we got to Majayjay B&B?

And if you can make of where we are at, it's a semi-hanging bahay kubo cottage overlooking a stream.
The bahay kubo is actually perfect for a big family or barkada 
because it can accommodate 10-15 persons. 

Forgive the silly pose.
After freshening up and a quick nap, we headed to Dalitiwan Resort, just 10-15 minutes drive from Majayjay B&B. This is my second time batis-swimming but it was my hubby's first time so I was pretty excited for him. Too bad our camera isn't waterproof.


Another savory meal c/o Majayjay B&B capped by a tummy-relaxing peppermint tea.


But wait, there's more! Just about 30 minutes after, we had hotdog roasting with marshmallows! Thanks to my tita Encar for the compliments. 
This truly made our stay sweeter.
We also met Shamcey, the pony! #LOL

As if we didn't have enough food to eat for dinner the previous night, 
this feast was served to us for breakfast!
Generous serving of hot pandesal, kesong puti, eggs, fried rice, daing na bangus, ensalada, Lucban longganisa.

To conclude our Majayjay adventure, we went for a cold dip in Taytay Falls, 
just 15- 20 minutes drive from Majayjay B&B. The water is verrrrrry cold and deep. 
Kinda scary but that makes it more thrilling (Aiza the explorer cap on*).
*I used to be such a coward. 

Overall, it was an amazing experience. Can't wait to go back.

Thanks to my hubby for taking most of the pictures using Nikon D3100.


For bookings and reservations, contact: 
09189181416/ 09189237745/ 632-8428272


xoxo
The Clueless Misis

2 comments:

  1. The place looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! You should come visit Majayjay B&B with Kuya! :)

    ReplyDelete