Thursday, August 30, 2012

Date Night at Johnny Chow

One way to spice up your marriage is to have dinner dates once in while and try restaurants and cuisines you both haven't tried yet. 

That is why one of my wifely duties is to find sweet resto deals so we can save up for date nights. Trying new restos while saving up to 60% off on F&B is simply getting the best of both worlds so, I usually go to Group Buying Sites for deals.

Come to think of it, I have spent $$$ on deal sites but I'll save that for another post.

As I was doing my usual morning routine- surfing my favorite deal sites to see if there's something that will catch my eye- I bumped into this deal on CashCashPinoy.  

P300 for P500 worth of food and drinks at Johnny Chow.

We've walked passed Johnny Chow several times before at the Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila but we haven't tried this restaurant yet so, I thought this was a good opportunity to try it out and so I bought two vouchers for P600! That gives us P400 savings to get a value of P1,000 worth of F&B. Not bad at all... Don't you think?

Johnny Chow is actually from the team behind John and Yoko, Sumo Sam and Mr. Kurosawa so, I bet the food would be great. They serve a fusion of flavors from contemporary Thai, Korean and Chinese cuisine. Just thinking about it makes me drool. 

With P1,000 worth on hand, we tried to maximize our deal by ordering the following:

The Joy Luck Club P250
Honey BBQ Pork Roti & Asian Slaw
Just the word "ROTI" sold this dish to me coz I love Roti Pratha, which is an Indian dish (weird that they have this on the menu. I guess the Asian Slaw made it Chinese? haha... I don't know). A little oily for me but yummy enough for appetizer. Preferably shared among three people. Umay just for two.

Yang Chow Rice (with BBQ Pork) P295
We got deceived by "with BBQ Pork" because we thought it'll be another ulam for us on top of our Yang Chow Rice but *tanan!* two cute slices of Pork Asado. Taste? Average.

Emperor Wenzong P330
(Crispy Asian Chicken with Barbecue Sauce 
served with Lychee Cucumber Salad)
I wanted something else but the husband wanted Chicken so we ordered this. It is Good but Max's Chicken is better. 

2 Bottomless Red Citrus Iced Tea P108 ea.
and FREE spicy peanuts for appetizer
Because I wanted to try their drinks too we ordered their Red Citrus Iced Tea. First sip was good, it tasted like Flower in the middle but in the end, I liked it. 



 Johnny Chow's artsy interiors.

Overall Experience? Ok. Would I come back? Maybe. 



Like Johnny Chow? LIKE them on FB. 


xoxo

The Clueless Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment